Driving simulator software for various applications
The Carnetsoft car driving simulator has applications for
driver training in driving schools,
- safety awareness training
behavioural research at universities
clinical assessment and assessment of driver fitness.
Car simulators are associated most often with driver training systems. Yet, this is only one of the various uses for which a car driving simulator can be applied. Our software can be used for:
- assessment of fitness to drive or clinical driver fitness
- assessment of basic skills such as brake reaction time
- treatment of fear of driving
- increasing awareness of driver distraction, demonstrate the effects of distractions on driving performance as in texting and driving, or reading while driving
- increasing awareness of the effects of alcohol (impaired driving) on driving performance
- awareness of effects of sleepiness and fatigue on driving performance
- measuring workload while driving (human factors research)
- research into driver behaviour (research simulator extensions)
- experience how it is to drive an articulated truck or city bus
- car simulator training of ambulance or police drivers to drive with optical and sound signals, etc.
Carnetsoft takes active measures to reduce the incidence of simulator sickness.
The following shows an example of a simulation of driving on a curved stretch of road in a rural environment. Only the middle screen is displayed and no sound.